About East Side Lacrosse
WELCOME TO EAST SIDE LACROSSE!
WHO WE ARE
In 1969, legend has it that Roger Bunton and Don Lutz started the state’s first high school lacrosse team at L’Anse Creuse High School as a way to keep football players in shape during the off-season. Thanks to these great coaches, the “East Side” and in particular, Macomb County, is the birthplace of high school lacrosse in Michigan.
In 2006 East Side Lacrosse began as a way to extend the training for the youth lacrosse players I was coaching at St. Lawrence School in Utica. East Side rented the KofC fields, recruited a former high school teammate, Rob Dameron, a state champ goalie coach in Mike Johannes, and Ken Rymisziewski and his son Kyle who set-up the Detroit Lacrosse Company truck full of lacrosse gear. East Side began to offer summer, fall and winter tournament team play and with the growth of our programs, East Side evolved into a summer travel destination.
In 2016 we started focusing on introducing players to the game and growing spring playing opportunities. Quality spring playing opportunities stressing fundamentals and team play are in limited supply among the many off-season programs focusing on college exposure. With two of our longtime coaches becoming full-time high school varsity coaches, and East Side player alumni continuing to find success in high school and college, we are proud to offer the foundation that other coaches build upon.
It’s been great experience developing players and East Side looks forward to helping the next generation of players get started in the game.
HOW OUR PROGRAM WORKS…
The below PROGRAM OUTLINE will help Parents & Players understand the progression of our players at East Side:
STEP 1: LEARN.
East Side welcomes NEW PLAYERS in grades K through 12 to the sport via our INTRODUCTION TO LACROSSE CLINICS – the most popular beginner clinic in SE Michigan. New player instruction is a pre-requisite to any of our TRAINING sessions or SPRING TEAM play. Intro Clinics are offered in the fall and winter and are also offered in a popular SUMMER CAMP format.
STEP 2: TRAIN.
After completion of the Introduction to Lacrosse Clinic or Summer camp, players are eligible for indoor off-season FALL TRAINING and WINTER TRAINING. The training level is designed to allow players to hit the ground running for their spring team.
STEP 3. COMPETE.
Everyone’s favorite level! After completion of the Introduction to Lacrosse and participation in our Training, players can contact our sponsored SPRING TEAMS and join the fun! Spring is the official season for lacrosse and players typically participate in weekly practices, games, and tournaments. East Side sponsors Macomb County teams focused on sportsmanship, player development and opportunity.
MEET OUR STAFF
Meet Coach John...
- Founder and East Side Lacrosse Managing Member, Program Director & Coach
- 1989 DeLaSalle Lacrosse East Division Champ and State Semi-finalist
- 1990-1992 MSU Club Lacrosse
- 2005-2009 St. Lawrence Varsity Lacrosse Team Head Coach (U15)
- 2006 Founded East Side Lacrosse to allow Macomb Co. players to train and compete in the off-season
- 2007 St. Lawrence CYO Semi-finalist Coach (U15)
- 2008 St. Lawrence CYO East Division Champs and CYO Semi-finalist Coach (U15)
- 2009 St. Lawrence CYO Undefeated East Division Champs and CYO Semi-finalist Coach (U15)
- 2009 Cherry Bomb Lacrosse Tournament Finalist Coach – U-15B Division
- 2010 Cherry Bomb Lacrosse Tournament Champs Coach – High School U-17B Division
- 2011 Cherry Bomb Lacrosse Tournament Semi-Finalist Coach – High School U-17A
- 2014 Pipe City Lacrosse Festival Finalist Coach – U15B Division
- 2014 Cherry Bomb Lacrosse Tournament Champs Coach – U15B Division
- 2015 St. Lawrence CYO Division A Champs and CYO Semi-finalist Coach (U15)
- 2015 Cherry Bomb Lacrosse Tournament Finalist Coach – U13B Division
East Side Strength & Conditioning Coach
Meet Coach Bryan...
East Side Spring Team and Tournament Team Coach
Meet Coach Matt...
- Long Stick Midfielder – Lahser H.S.
- Macomb Bucks U9 and U11 Spring Team Coach 2013-2016
- East Side U11 Summer Tournament Team Coach 2015-16
- Macomb Bucks U14 Spring Team Coach
East Side Tournament Team Coach
Meet Coach Hunter...
- Former East Side Tournament Team Coach and Instructor
- 1986 – 1989 -Varsity Lacrosse at L’Anse Creuse North
- 1989 – LC North Varsity Team Captain
- 1989 – 1992 – Detroit/Windsor Lacrosse Club
- 1993 – 2001 – Motor City Lacrosse Club
- 2001 – Present – Great Lakes Lacrosse Club
- 2006 – Played in World Lacrosse Games- Masters Division
- 2007-2011 Offensive Coordinator and Assistant Coach at U of M-Dearborn
- 2011-2014 Warren Mott High School Head Coach
- 2013 – MAC White Division High School Coach of the Year & MHSAA Sportsmanship Award Recipient
- 2013 – MAC White Division Undefeated Champs
- 2014 – MAC White Division High School Coach of the Year & MHSLOA Sportsmanship Award Recipient
- 2014 – MAC White Division Undefeated Champs
- 2014 – Played in World Games with Navy Alumni team
- 2015 – Present – Lanse Creuse North Varsity Coach
- THANK YOU COACH HUNTER AND GOOD LUCK IN THE BIG LEAGUES!
East Side Tournament Team Coach and LMU Collegiate Player
Meet Coach Dylan...
- Current Attackman, Lincoln Memorial University (TN)
- East Side Summer Tournament Team Coach and Clinic Instructor
- 2015 – Cherry Bomb Tournament Finalist Coach – U13B Division
- 2017 – GLLI U13 Finalist Coach
- THANK YOU COACH DYLAN AND GOOD LUCK IN YOUR COLLEGIATE CAREER!
Meet Coach Rob...
- Former East Side High School Tournament Program Director and Spring Team Coach
- 1989 DeLaSalle Lacrosse East Division Champ and State Semi-finalist & HS All-American
- 1989-1993 MSU Lacrosse Captain and 2-time All-Midwest Attackman
- 1994 Asst. Coach – DLS HS State Champion Team
- 1995-2000 DLS High School Lacrosse Coach
- 2001-2005 Grosse Pointe North HS Lacrosse Coach
- 1996-2007 Warrior Lacrosse Summer Camp Staff
- 2009 Cherry Bomb Lacrosse Tournament Finalist Coach – High School U-17A
- 2010 Cherry Bomb Lacrosse Tournament Semi-Finalist Coach – High School U-17A
- 2011 Cherry Bomb Lacrosse Tournament Semi-Finalist Coach – High School U-17A
- 2013 Roller Coaster Rumble Tournament Champs Coach – High School U17 Division
- 2013 Pipe City Lacrosse Tournament Runners-up Coach – High School U19 Division
- 2015 Cherry Bomb Lacrosse Tournament Finalist Coach – U15B Division
- 2017 Macomb Bucks Spring Coach and Dakota HS Lacrosse Coach
- THANK YOU COACH ROB AND GOOD LUCK IN THE BIG LEAGUES!
East Side Tournament Team Coach and UDM Collegiate Player
Meet Coach Austin...
- Current Defenseman, University of Detroit Mercy (MI)
- 2016-Present East Side Summer Tournament Team Coach and Clinic Instructor
- 2016 – Great Lax Bay Tournament Champ Coach – U13B Division
- 2016 – Great Lakes Lacrosse Invitational Tournament Finalist Coach – U13A Division
East Side Tournament Team Coach and Canisius Collegiate Player
Meet Coach Steven...
- Current Face-off Midfielder Canisius College (NY)
- 2015-Present East Side Summer Tournament Team Coach and Clinic Instructor
SUMMER TOURNAMENT PROGRAMS
East Side sponsors programs hosted in Macomb County that are dedicated to sportsmanship, player development and offering opportunities for our young players to compete.
Check out the following team websites for regional tournament playing opportunities thru local clubs:The summer boys youth teams are for players in 5th-8th grade who are interested in getting some important reps in preparation for high school lacrosse. Teams will be coached by East Side and All American lacrosse coaches including collegiate coaches and both of our program's collegiate lacrosse alumni. For more information and registration, visit: www.buckslacrosse.com
If your club is interested in posting a summer playing opportunity for youth players in Macomb County? Email us for advertising info at: firstname.lastname@example.org
East Side Lacrosse Partners
CONTACT EAST SIDE LACROSSE